All meetings are held at the Stebbing Village Hall, Mill Lane, Stebbing, Essex, CM6 3SL. Entry is free to members and guests are charged £2.
Five meetings are held per year on the second Monday of the months of February, April, June, September and November. All meetings start at 8 p.m. The meetings always consist of a guest speaker on a local subject and there is always a display of different documents and photographs from our archives.
In addition we arrange occasional visits to interesting and appropriate venues during the summer months for which there may be a charge in order to cover costs.
- 11th February (Monday): John Evans – Agricultural Life in Stebbing 100 years or so ago. It is also the A.G.M.
- 8th April (Monday): Peter Layzell – Rural Essex in Victorian and Edwardian times.
- 10th June (Monday): Kate Cole – Henry VIII and Great Dunmow.
- 17th August (Saturday): Summer outing to Lavenham.
- 9th September (Monday): Claire Willetts, who is the Collections and Exhibitions Curator at Braintree District Museum, speaking on The History of Courtaulds, the important local textiles company.
- 11th November (Monday): Graham Jolliffe – Stebbing in 1517.